Do you love anything pumpkin? This dessert is for you! There are SO many benefits to REAL whole pumpkin, but we want you to enjoy it without the added refined sugar, dairy and gluten! Here’s a recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser this Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Coconut Whipped Cream
1 cup Almonds
1 cup Cashews
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted and divided)
1/3 cup Maple Syrup (divided)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2 1/4 cups Pureed Pumpkin
1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 1/2 tbsps Arrowroot Powder
2 tsps Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 1/2 cups Organic Coconut Milk (full fat,refrigerated overnight)
- Pulse the almonds and cashews in a food processor. Add egg, 3/4 of the coconut oil, 1/5 of the maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1/2 the sea salt until a crumbly dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tray with parchment cups.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on the counter. Place your dough onto the parchmentand pat into a ball.
- Place another sheet of parchment on top of the dough (this prevents the dough from sticking to the rolling pin). Gently roll the dough to 2-3 mm thickness and cut using a (3.5- inch) cookie cutter. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Gently press each cut-out into a parchment cup to form the crust. Set aside.
- Make your pumpkin filling by combining pureed pumpkin, the remaining 4/5 of maple syrup, almond milk, the remaining 1/4 of melted coconut oil, arrowroot powder, pumpkin pie spice and the remaining 1/2 of the sea salt. Spoon pumpkin filling into each tart.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove tarts from muffin tray and let cool. Serve warm or refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight for a firmer filling.
- In the meantime, make the coconut whipped cream. Scrape the coconut cream from the top of the can into a large mixing bowl. The cream should have separated from the coconut juice after being refrigerated.
- Whip the coconut cream with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 5-10 minutes. Place in fridge until ready to use. (Note: it will not be as stiff as dairy whipped cream.)
- When ready to serve, add a dollop of coconut whipped cream to each pumpkin pie tart. Enjoy!
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice: Mix 1/4 cup ground cinnamon, 4 tsp ground nutmeg, 4 tsp ground ginger and 1 tbsp ground allspice. Store in an air-tight container.
- No Arrowroot Powder? Simply use tapioca flour instead.
- No tart pan? Alter into pumpkin pie squares:
Press dough evenly into a parchment-lined rectangular baking dish. Spread pumpkin filling evenly across the crust. Bake for 45 min. Let cool and/or refrigerate 6+ hours. Slice into squares and top with coconut whipped cream when ready to serve.
If you have any questions about this recipe or our customized meals plans contact Colleen today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-952-7982.
Recipe and photo credit: www.thatcleanlife.com