RECIPE – Coconut Curry Stir Fry20 Jul 2018, Posted by Fat Loss, Gut Microbiome, Health, Ketogenic Diet, Meal Planning, Nutrition, Recipes in
Coconut Curry Chicken Stir Fry
(Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto Friendly, Vegan option)
2 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
(Vegan option: 2 cups chickpeas)
1 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (or powder)
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon (or more) curry powder (or turmeric alone for mild version)
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 (14 oz) can organic coconut milk (Regular or lite, BPA free can)
- Cut chicken breast into strips or cubes (depending on preference)
- Melt 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil in a large dying pan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the cumin seeds (or powder) in oil until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Add chicken into the skillet with cumin and cook for 5-10 mins, until no longer pink. Remove and place in bowl.
- Melt the other 1/2 tbsp coconut oil into the skillet and heat until sizzling.
- Add in carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, ground cumin, cinnamon, curry powder, salt and black pepper into the pan.
- Cook until onions are translucent and carrots are soft, 5-8 mins.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer until flavours have blended. About 10 mins.
- Add chicken back into the frying pan and simmer for a few mins to absorb the sauce.
- Serve with a side of broccoli or another green vegetable of your choice.
If you have any questions about this recipe or our customized meals plans contact Colleen today at email@example.com or 204-952-7982.