Coconut Curry Chicken Stir Fry
(Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto Friendly, Vegan option)
2 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
(Vegan option: 2 cups chickpeas)
1 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (or powder)
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon (or more) curry powder (or turmeric alone for mild version)
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 (14 oz) can organic coconut milk (Regular or lite, BPA free can)
- Cut chicken breast into strips or cubes (depending on preference)
- Melt 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil in a large dying pan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the cumin seeds (or powder) in oil until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Add chicken into the skillet with cumin and cook for 5-10 mins, until no longer pink. Remove and place in bowl.
- Melt the other 1/2 tbsp coconut oil into the skillet and heat until sizzling.
- Add in carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, ground cumin, cinnamon, curry powder, salt and black pepper into the pan.
- Cook until onions are translucent and carrots are soft, 5-8 mins.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer until flavours have blended. About 10 mins.
- Add chicken back into the frying pan and simmer for a few mins to absorb the sauce.
- Serve with a side of broccoli or another green vegetable of your choice.
If you have any questions about this recipe or our customized meals plans contact Colleen today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-952-7982.